Town Hall This former mansion, built in 1896, was acquired by Morestel town council in 1945.

Town Hall

This former mansion, built in 1896, was acquired by Morestel town council in 1945.

It comprised two floors, to which a stone staircase provided access.

During renovation work in 2003, the stone from this staircase was conserved and now forms the forecourt on the garden side of the Town Hall.

The building’s Souabe 4-sided curved (or imperial) roof is its special feature.
This innovative technique, invented in the 16th century by architect Philibert DELORME, ensures maximum usage of roof space since there is a clearance from the floor to the roof apex.
This volume can thus be fitted out as the attic windows prove.
The roof is covered with flat curved tiles in keeping with most of the roofs in the region.

Renovated in 2003 to ensure greater functionality, the external aspect of this admirable building has been preserved.