St Symphorien Church Formally a chapel for the Augustine Convent in 1425, St. Symphorien became Morestel’s parish church in 1791.

Its square bell tower overlooking the ramparts makes Morestel church one of the finest religious buildings left from the Middle Ages in the canton.

The architect Berruyer (19th century) gave the structure its present aspect with its ornate Gothic lantern at one corner and a remarkable pepper pot turret.

The interior was renovated in 1998-1999 and it was then that the central stained glass window, crafted by Christophe BERTHIER, was inaugurated in April 1999.

Morestel church is listed in France’s Inventory of Historical Monuments.

Notice the white marble plaque, plaque requiring mass to be celebrated for family of Claude de la Balme, 1518 in the Lady Chapel.