A much admired 18th century porch forms the entry to this property acquired by artist François-Auguste RAVIER on 22nd May 1867.
He lived here for 30 years with his wife and five children.
A number of owners succeeded each other, including Prosper SERVONNAT, an important collector and admirer of Ravier’s work.
Purchased in 1983 and restored between 1990 and 1992 by the Morestel council, Ravier’s House is currently a major exhibition venue managed by AMRA (« Les Amis de la Maison Ravier »).
Paintings by the landscapist and leading light of the Lyon School are displayed on the ground floor.
The first floor hosts three temporary exhibitions every year, dedicated to all art forms (painting, sculpture, photography, glasswork, etc.).